Since Ramadan is the month honoring the Quran, here are some Quranic verses with corresponding positive affirmations. I encourage you to state these affirmations to yourself whenever you need an emotional boost.
1.VERSE: “It is You we worship and You we ask for help” (1:5).
AFFIRMATION: All help is from AllahSWT. Allah SWTwill help me always.
WHY: This will instill hope and trust in AllahSWT.
2. VERSE: “Keep up the prayer and pay the prescribed charity. Whatever good you store up for yourselves, you will find it with God. He sees everything you do” (2:110).
AFFIRMATION: AllahSWT sees the good deeds that I do.
WHY: This will motivate you to do more good deeds for His sake.
3. VERSE: “…God is Most Compassionate and Most Merciful towards people” (2:143)
AFFIRMATION: Allah SWTis the Most Compassionate, Most Merciful
WHY:This will inspire hope that Allah SWTloves you and will overlook your faults.
4. VERSE: “So remember Me; I will remember you…” (2:152)
AFFIRMATION: If I remember AllahSWT, He SWTwill remember me.
WHY: This will inspire you to always be in a state of remembrance of Allah.
5. VERSE: “Those who say, when afflicted with a calamity, ‘We belong to Allah and to Him we shall return” (2:156)
AFFIRMATION: Whenever I face a problem, I say, “I belong to Allah and to Him I will return.”
WHY: Reminding yourself that you will return to Allah SWTgives you a higher perspective of life’s problems, which are only temporary.
6. VERSE: “Prophet, if My servants ask you about Me, I am near. I respond to those who call Me, so let them respond to Me, and believe in Me, so that they may be guided” (2:186).
AFFIRMATION: AllahSWT is near to me and HeSWT responds to my prayers.
WHY: This will encourage you to call on AllahSWT whenever you face a problem, big or small.
7. VERSE: “God is the ally of those who believe: He brings them out of the depths of darkness and into the light…” (2:257)
AFFIRMATION: AllahSWT is my ally and He SWTwill guide me.
WHY: This will increase your trust in Allah’s help.
8. VERSE: “Say, ‘God, Holder of all control, You give control to whoever You will and remove it from whoever You will; You elevate whoever You will and humble whoever You will. All that is good lies in Your hand: You have power over everything” (3:26).
AFFIRMATION: Allah is in control; He has power over everything.
WHY: Reminding yourself that AllahSWT is in charge of everything gives you hope when outer events shake your faith.
9. VERSE: “…It is God Who is your Protector; He is the Best of Helpers” (3:150).
AFFIRMATION: Allah is my Protector and He is the Best of Helpers.
WHY: Reminding yourself to turn to AllahSWT for protection and help makes you feel closer to AllahSWT.
10. VERSE: “If God helps you, no one can overcome you; if He forsakes you, who else can help you? Believers should put their trust in God” (3: 160).
AFFIRMATION: I put my trust in Allah.
WHY: Reminding yourself that only AllahSWT can truly help you inspires trust in Allah’s help.
11. VERSE: “You are sure to be tested through your possessions and persons. You are sure to hear much that is hurtful from those who were given the Scripture before you and from those who associate others with God. If you are steadfast and mindful of God, that is the best course (3:186).”
AFFIRMATION: Tests are a part of life. If I stay patient and remember AllahSWT, everything will be all right.
WHY: Reminding yourself that problems are a normal part of life will help you to calmly accept them and then turn to AllahSWT with patience and hope.
12. VERSE: “…He wishes to turn towards you in mercy…” (4:26).
AFFIRMATION: AllahSWT wishes to turn to me in Mercy.
WHY: Understanding that Allah SWTwants to turn to you in Mercy will encourage you to seek His Mercy and Forgiveness when you make mistakes.
13. VERSE: “…He does not wrong anyone by as much as the weight of a speck of dust. He doubles any good deed and gives a tremendous reward of His own” (4:40).
AFFIRMATION: Allah is Good, Fair, and Generous.
WHY: Reminding yourself that Allah SWTis always Good, Fair, and Generous inspires trust in Allah’sSWT Justice.
14. VERSE: “Yet anyone who does evil or wrongs his own soul and then asks God for forgiveness will find Him most forgiving and merciful” (4:110).
AFFIRMATION: If I ask AllahSWT for forgiveness, He is the Most Forgiving, Most Merciful.
WHY: Asking Allah SWTfor forgiveness brings you closer to Allah SWTand reminds you of His Mercy.
15. VERSE: “Why should God make you suffer torment if you are thankful and believe in Him? God always rewards gratitude and He knows everything” (4:147).
AFFIRMATION: I am thankful to AllahSWT and AllahSWT rewards my thankfulness.
WHY: Feeling thankful to AllahSWT puts you in a positive mindset of focusing on your blessings.
16. VERSE: “You who believe, be mindful of God, seek ways to come closer to Him and strive for His cause, so that you may prosper” (5:35).
AFFIRMATION: My purpose in life is to get closer to AllahSWT.
WHY: Clarifying your true life purpose–to get closer to Allah SWT–helps you to make choices in life that serve this purpose.
17. VERSE: “You who believe, you are responsible for your own souls; if anyone else goes astray it will not harm you so long as you follow the guidance; you will all return to God, and He will make you realize what you have done” (5:105).
AFFIRMATION: I am responsible for my actions.
WHY: Taking responsibility for your actions makes you feel empowered and inner-directed.
18. VERSE: “God will say, ‘This is a Day when the truthful will benefit from their truthfulness. They will have gardens graced with flowing streams, there to remain forever. God is pleased with them and they with Him: that is the Supreme Triumph” (5:119).
AFFIRMATION: I speak the truth because AllahSWT loves truthfulness.
WHY: Being truthful brings you peace of mind.
This Ramadan I encourage you to discover more positive affirmations from the glorious Quran. The Prophet said, “Indeed, having good thoughts concerning Allah is from the perfection of the worship of Allah.” (Recorded in Tirmidthi, https://sunnah.com/tirmidhi/48/240)
Can you please share more positive affirmation from the Quran with us, in the comments section below. 🙂