Join our innovative journey, open to all Muslim children & adults around the world to showcase their design skills in this unique design competition. Use your imagination to influence our next Quran speaker lamp, maybe a LED lava lamp, cool smartwatch, or a multi-sensory glow in the dark board game about the Quran.
At Quran Co, we believe that there is a vast amount of creative potential within the community. Our aim through this exciting competition, we want to nurture STEM skills, instill creative entrepreneurial passion for the future inventors of the ummah that will help fulfill our vision to "Inspire the Ummah to Learn, Live, Love the Quran"
From carpets, optics and coffee to degree-awarding universities and hospitals, Islamic inventors have changed and molded the modern-day world as we know it. Talented and hardworking Muslim scholars, who were also students of the sciences, the likes of Jabir Ibn Hayyan, Al-Jazari, Al-Zahrawi and Abbas ibn Firnas, discovered things that we still hold onto now.
It is important to note that Muslim scientists, researchers and inventors of the Islamic Golden Age were inspired and motivated by their religion, Islam.
The Quran covers topics across biology, geology, embryology, astronomy and many more sciences. At the same time, it communicates to its readers to ponder and reflect. Couple these Quranic teachings with the instructions of the Prophet of Islam, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, of pursuing knowledge and education, and you have the great age of discovery and science that the Muslims created between 786 and 1258.
Deadline for submission is Friday 31st December 2021 10:00 PM BST.
Be sure to follow @quranmoonlamp for updates. For any queries, questions, or issues with submission please send us an email on email@example.com
To enter the competition, please complete the form below and email your entry either as a digital design or photo of your work.
Allah in the Holy Quran instructs Muslims to “think” and “ponder” over the “creation of the heavens and earth”. Allah talks about the “alternation of the night and day” and how He causes plants to grow and flourish.
Terms & Conditions
By participating in this competition you agree to abide by the Terms & Conditions as set out below;
- Entry requirements
- Key Dates
- Conditions of use
1. Entry requirements
- We are looking for product designs that help the Ummah "Learn, Live and Love" the Quran.
- You can draw your design and take a photo, or use Microsoft word, Powerpoint or other design applications which you can confidently use.
- The product can be a new design for a quran speaker lamp, smart wearable device or a new board game idea.
- The product must be original but can incorporate features that exist in other everyday products as well as include features from our innovative Quran Lamps.
- Quran Co reserves the right to exclude any entries that they believe is not the work of the entrant.
- Entries that have won a prize(s) in previous competitions, or featured in a regional or national campaign, are not allowed.
- All entries must be the work of the individual submitting them, and must not infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- The main design should fit into single A4/A3 page, (you can submit an additional page explaining all the key features.)
- Only single entries per participant.
- Entries must be labelled with the name and age (or age category) of the author.
- Entries must be made via the above form and email.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter the draw selection.
- The competition is open from 13:00pm on 05/11/2021 until 22.00 on 31/12/2021
- The entry process will remain open for two (2) hours after this time to allow for transmission of entries made close to the deadline.
- Any incomplete or late entry will be deemed ineligible.
- Quran Co’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The entries will be judged in categories defined by the age of the entrants. The age categories are:
- Aged 10 and under
- Aged 11 to 14
- Aged 15 to 18
- Aged 19+
- There will be an independent judging panel.
- The judges will select first, second, third prize winners for each age category.
- Decisions made by the judges in determining the winning entries will be final.
- We are unable to enter into correspondence with unsuccessful entrants
4. Key Dates
- Below are the key dates in
- Competition is open from 10:00 on 04/11/2021 until 22.00 on 31/12/2021
- Judging will take place from 03/01/2021 - 15/01/2022 where the 12 finalists will be selected.
- Winners will be announced on QuranMoonLamp’s social media channels during the week beginning Mon 17th January 2022
- Prizes will be dispatched by 31/01/2022 and may take a few weeks to arrive depending on location of winning participants.
- The prizes from each category will be from among the exciting product range from QuranCo.uk
- No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize with 7 days of being contacted, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Quran Co is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party promotional partners connected with this competition.
6. Conditions of Use
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, image and/or poem in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK Data Protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entrants retain full copyright over their design. However, by submitting entries to the competition, you are agreeing to grant Amin & Yasmin Ltd trading as QuranCo, a perpetual royalty-free license to use the ideas and designs shared in any of their commercial production of future products released.
- We may also feature your design and work on our website blogs and/or any promotional material and social media. Where appropriate, reasonable efforts will be made to credit the writer of the poem, though this may not always be possible.
- The winners may be required to take part in publicity and provide PR quotes for local, national and/or international media.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Entry into the prize draw will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The prize draw and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Quran Co reserves the right to cancel or amend the prize draw and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of Quran Co’s control.
- Any changes to the prize draw will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by Quran Co.